Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Refund of VPN

My son bought a VPN that i was unaware of and i just got charged $105 can you please please refund me and cancel my subscription, I need to add a security to my purchases as well but I would gladly and really appreciate a refund as that is a lot of money and i was unaware. Please please help.

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 9:14 AM

Hello, it seems you need help requesting a refund for a purchase and cancelling a subscription. Here are some steps that should help!

Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple (How to request a refund)

1. Sign in to reportaproblem.apple.com.
  2. Tap or click "I'd like to," then choose "Request a refund."
  3. Choose the reason why you want a refund, then choose Next.
  4. Choose the app, subscription, or other item, then choose Submit. If you were charged for a subscription that you no longer want, you can also cancel the subscription.

In your case, you can select the reason: A child/minor made purchase(s) without permission

If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple (How to cancel a subscription on your iPhone or iPad)

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap your name.
  3. Tap Subscriptions.
  4. Tap the subscription.
  5. Tap Cancel Subscription. You might need to scroll down to find the Cancel Subscription button. If there is no Cancel button or you see an expiration message in red text, the subscription is already canceled.

If you can't find the subscription you want to cancel, check this article out: If you can't find the subscription that you want to cancel

To prevent unapproved purchases made by a child/minor in the future, you can enable/try out one the following:

For more information on requesting a refund of cancelling a subscription, check out the following articles respectively:

I hope this helps,

Gabe

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2023 9:14 AM in response to tyler717

Hello, it seems you need help requesting a refund for a purchase and cancelling a subscription. Here are some steps that should help!

Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple (How to request a refund)

1. Sign in to reportaproblem.apple.com.
  2. Tap or click "I'd like to," then choose "Request a refund."
  3. Choose the reason why you want a refund, then choose Next.
  4. Choose the app, subscription, or other item, then choose Submit. If you were charged for a subscription that you no longer want, you can also cancel the subscription.

In your case, you can select the reason: A child/minor made purchase(s) without permission

If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple (How to cancel a subscription on your iPhone or iPad)

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap your name.
  3. Tap Subscriptions.
  4. Tap the subscription.
  5. Tap Cancel Subscription. You might need to scroll down to find the Cancel Subscription button. If there is no Cancel button or you see an expiration message in red text, the subscription is already canceled.

If you can't find the subscription you want to cancel, check this article out: If you can't find the subscription that you want to cancel

To prevent unapproved purchases made by a child/minor in the future, you can enable/try out one the following:

For more information on requesting a refund of cancelling a subscription, check out the following articles respectively:

I hope this helps,

Gabe

Refund of VPN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.