Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When using chrome and select/look up text to search, goes to Safari

Whenever I am using the chrome browser within the iOS operating system, and I select text to look up, instead of searching within chrome, I am taken to a small intermediate search box. This generally always says "no contents found". When I select "search web" in that box, it always takes me to search results in Safari. If I wanna go back to Chrome, I need to click a few more buttons to get it to search in the right place. This happens every time when using both my iPhone, and my mini iPad, both using the most current iOS, and both the most recent model type.

This has been happening for years and I always assumed it was simply a decision on Apple's part to preference safari over chrome. Is this the case? Or am I permitted to use Chrome within chrome?

Thank you

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 11:36 AM

5 replies

Apr 10, 2023 11:25 AM in response to Bohrer

Hi Bohrer, 

Thank you for posting to the Apple Support Communities. 

The Look Up text option is a feature of Live Text in iOS. Live Text is supported in Safari, Camera and other Apple apps. You can find more information about these Apple features in the following Apple Support articles: 

You can send Product Feedback to Apple if you have suggestions on how to improve Live Text. 

Have a great day! 

When using chrome and select/look up text to search, goes to Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.