Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 pro Macbook Pro 16 Inch Apple ID issues.

I just got a new Macbook pro M1 pro and set it up with my Apple ID.. However, I cannot sign into iMessage or FaceTime. On iMessage, it loads for a while and then says 'an error occurred'. Also, I cannot get Universal Control to work and things like copying a text on my iPhone no longer pastes on the Mac whereas this has worked on my other computer. Any tips will be much appreciated.

Posted on Apr 8, 2023 6:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 11:44 AM

zodakila wrote:

I just got a new Macbook pro M1 pro and set it up with my Apple ID.. However, I cannot sign into iMessage or FaceTime. On iMessage, it loads for a while and then says 'an error occurred'.

Also, I cannot get Universal Control to work and things like copying a text on my iPhone no longer pastes on the Mac whereas this has worked on my other computer. Any tips will be much appreciated.

ref:

If you can't sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on ...

Continuity issues—sign out of AppleID and back in again

ref: Use Continuity to work across Apple devices

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2023 11:44 AM in response to zodakila

zodakila wrote:

I just got a new Macbook pro M1 pro and set it up with my Apple ID.. However, I cannot sign into iMessage or FaceTime. On iMessage, it loads for a while and then says 'an error occurred'.

Also, I cannot get Universal Control to work and things like copying a text on my iPhone no longer pastes on the Mac whereas this has worked on my other computer. Any tips will be much appreciated.

ref:

If you can't sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on ...

Continuity issues—sign out of AppleID and back in again

ref: Use Continuity to work across Apple devices

M1 pro Macbook Pro 16 Inch Apple ID issues.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.