Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

hearing aid connectivity iOS 16.4.1

Since updating iPhone 13 pro to iOS 16.4.1 yesterday my hearing aids (Widex Moment 440 rechargeable, "made for iPhone" using MiFi (hah), mfd in 2022 and with the latest Widex firmware) do not automatically reconnect when I put them on in the morning, and occasionally they disconnect during the day as well. Have to restart them, or sometimes, restart the phone. (Can't contact Widex directly about this because of course you can't.) I did the usual "forget this device" and repaired. Which works for a while and then the phone loses track of them again. Assuming it's not just me. Apple and Widex need to figure out how to address this issue.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 8, 2023 10:31 AM

5 replies

Apr 8, 2023 12:47 PM in response to Dennis Baron

Dennis Baron wrote:

Since updating iPhone 13 pro to iOS 16.4.1 yesterday my hearing aids (Widex Moment 440 rechargeable, "made for iPhone" using MiFi (hah), mfd in 2022 and with the latest Widex firmware) do not automatically reconnect when I put them on in the morning, and occasionally they disconnect during the day as well. Have to restart them, or sometimes, restart the phone. (Can't contact Widex directly about this because of course you can't.) I did the usual "forget this device" and repaired. Which works for a while and then the phone loses track of them again. Assuming it's not just me. Apple and Widex need to figure out how to address this issue.

https://www.widex.com/en/service/contact/

Jun 23, 2023 9:16 AM in response to Dennis Baron

I wear WIDEX Moment hearing aids made for Apple devices so I can hear directly from my iPhone 8 and iPad mini (5th generation). These devices recently updated to iOS version 16.5.1. I have had my hearing aids for 4 years and have not had any problems until the past couple of updates. Since the update, my hearing aids do not automatically switch from one device to another when media begins to play. The only work-around I have found is to turn off Bluetooth on the device I'm not listening to at that moment. However, this is very inconvenient and should not have do be done. It would be appreciated if Apple would add a fix to this in their next update as the WIDEX hearing aids were specifically made to work with Apple devices.

Apr 26, 2024 1:04 PM in response to Dennis Baron

Same issue here with my MOMENTs 440s. I've been experiencing weird BT issues for the past two weeks! I think it might be linked to the iOS update to 17.4.1 on iPhone12. Usually, when I turned them off and on, or if I turned BT off and on, they would automatically reconnect. I never really even had to repair them. These days, I have to constantly repair them, sometimes several times during a day. I've also been disappointed with Widex's customer service that never answers any of my messages. I have been their client for 16 years, and these hearing aids have been BT faulty ever since I bought them, but in this case, I'm putting it on iOS. I feel disappointed with a fact that I cannot pair these HAs with my MacBook Pro as well. Stable iPhone connection is a must.

hearing aid connectivity iOS 16.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.