Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System update to Ventura?

I’m using Mojave and can do a system update to Ventura.

I am apprehensive as I have a film unfinished on iMovie. The reason I’m looking to update is to be able to use After Effects, for this film.

has anyone experienced any difficulties with data saved on apps like iMovie and iPhoto, pages and more, if doing an update straight from Mojave to Ventura?

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Apr 8, 2023 3:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2023 4:13 PM

My perspective on this: never do such a major upgrade to the OS when you are in the middle of a major project. In fact, I am waiting to finish doing taxes before updating from 13.2.1 to 13.3.1, and that's a minor update.

I don't use iMovie much, but iPhoto gets replaced with Photos and the iPhoto Library gets read in and converted to a Photos Library. My documents used in Pages, Word etc. all went smoothly.

I would suggest upgrading from Mojave to Catalina then Monterey then Ventura, one at a time. Do two complete backups with Mojave, keep them safe in case you need to revert.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2023 4:13 PM in response to Buttercup25

My perspective on this: never do such a major upgrade to the OS when you are in the middle of a major project. In fact, I am waiting to finish doing taxes before updating from 13.2.1 to 13.3.1, and that's a minor update.

I don't use iMovie much, but iPhoto gets replaced with Photos and the iPhoto Library gets read in and converted to a Photos Library. My documents used in Pages, Word etc. all went smoothly.

I would suggest upgrading from Mojave to Catalina then Monterey then Ventura, one at a time. Do two complete backups with Mojave, keep them safe in case you need to revert.

System update to Ventura?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.