Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The google map navigation no longer talks to me

My Google maps is no longer talking to me. The map comes up with directions but no voice. I have powered down my Iphone 11 twice. No change. Any suggesctions?

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 8, 2023 3:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2023 4:06 PM

If you're not hearing voice directions from Google Maps on your iPhone 11, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Make sure that the volume is turned up on your phone and that it's not on silent mode. Sometimes, the voice directions may be playing but they're too quiet to hear.
  2. Check the Google Maps app settings to make sure that voice directions are turned on. Open the Google Maps app, tap on your profile picture or initial in the upper right corner, then select "Settings" from the menu. From there, select "Navigation settings" and make sure that "Voice directions" is turned on.
  3. If you have a Bluetooth device connected to your phone, such as a headset or car audio system, make sure that the audio output is set to the Bluetooth device. To do this, open the Google Maps app and start navigation, then tap the audio button in the upper right corner and select the Bluetooth device as the audio output.
  4. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Google Maps app. Sometimes, the app can become corrupted or have a temporary glitch that prevents the voice directions from working properly.
  5. If none of the above steps work, there may be an issue with your iPhone's speaker or audio settings. Try playing music or other audio through your phone's speaker to see if it's working properly. If not, you may need to contact Apple support or visit an authorized repair center to have your phone serviced.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2023 4:06 PM in response to gunillafromtorrance

If you're not hearing voice directions from Google Maps on your iPhone 11, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Make sure that the volume is turned up on your phone and that it's not on silent mode. Sometimes, the voice directions may be playing but they're too quiet to hear.
  2. Check the Google Maps app settings to make sure that voice directions are turned on. Open the Google Maps app, tap on your profile picture or initial in the upper right corner, then select "Settings" from the menu. From there, select "Navigation settings" and make sure that "Voice directions" is turned on.
  3. If you have a Bluetooth device connected to your phone, such as a headset or car audio system, make sure that the audio output is set to the Bluetooth device. To do this, open the Google Maps app and start navigation, then tap the audio button in the upper right corner and select the Bluetooth device as the audio output.
  4. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Google Maps app. Sometimes, the app can become corrupted or have a temporary glitch that prevents the voice directions from working properly.
  5. If none of the above steps work, there may be an issue with your iPhone's speaker or audio settings. Try playing music or other audio through your phone's speaker to see if it's working properly. If not, you may need to contact Apple support or visit an authorized repair center to have your phone serviced.

The google map navigation no longer talks to me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.