Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to use my mic on my Apple Watch

Why doesn't my mic work on my Apple watch?

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 9

Posted on Apr 8, 2023 7:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2023 7:17 PM

If your microphone is not working on your Apple Watch, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Make sure that your Apple Watch is not in silent mode. You can check this by swiping up on the watch face and ensuring that the bell icon is not highlighted.
  2. Check your microphone settings. On your Apple Watch, go to Settings > General > Siri and ensure that the "Hey Siri" feature is turned on. Also, check that the Microphone setting is enabled.
  3. Restart your Apple Watch. Press and hold the side button until the power off slider appears. Then slide the power off slider to the right to turn off your watch. To turn it back on, press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears.
  4. Check for software updates. Make sure that your Apple Watch is running the latest version of watchOS by going to Settings > General > Software Update.
  5. Reset your Apple Watch. If the above steps do not work, you can try resetting your Apple Watch by going to Settings > General > Reset and selecting "Erase All Content and Settings". However, this will erase all data on your watch, so make sure to back up any important information before proceeding.

If none of the above steps solve the issue, it may be a hardware problem, and you may need to contact Apple support or visit an Apple Store for further assistance.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2023 7:17 PM in response to sherrymad

If your microphone is not working on your Apple Watch, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Make sure that your Apple Watch is not in silent mode. You can check this by swiping up on the watch face and ensuring that the bell icon is not highlighted.
  2. Check your microphone settings. On your Apple Watch, go to Settings > General > Siri and ensure that the "Hey Siri" feature is turned on. Also, check that the Microphone setting is enabled.
  3. Restart your Apple Watch. Press and hold the side button until the power off slider appears. Then slide the power off slider to the right to turn off your watch. To turn it back on, press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears.
  4. Check for software updates. Make sure that your Apple Watch is running the latest version of watchOS by going to Settings > General > Software Update.
  5. Reset your Apple Watch. If the above steps do not work, you can try resetting your Apple Watch by going to Settings > General > Reset and selecting "Erase All Content and Settings". However, this will erase all data on your watch, so make sure to back up any important information before proceeding.

If none of the above steps solve the issue, it may be a hardware problem, and you may need to contact Apple support or visit an Apple Store for further assistance.

Unable to use my mic on my Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.