Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Activity

My Apple Watch activity will only update when I restart it. It tracks the activity throughout the day, but will only show it if I restart it. It’s the same for the mobile app data too, once I restart the watch, it’ll also show the data in the app.

I’ve wiped the watch, made sure the IOS is update on the watch and phone.

Any ideas?

Apple Watch Series 4

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 12:44 AM

5 replies

Apr 10, 2023 6:44 PM in response to Victoria_G1234

Hello Victoria_G1234,

Thanks for asking your question in Apple Support Communities. Great trouble shooting so far. Next, we'd recommend updating and erasing Apple Watch which can help get things syncing properly: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

"Before you start

• If you have the iPhone that your Apple Watch is paired with, you should follow the steps to unpair your Apple Watch. This removes Activation Lock from your Apple Watch as well as erasing all its content and settings. If you don't have the paired iPhone, you can erase your Apple Watch, but Activation Lock will remain.
  • If you're using your Apple Watch with a transit card in the Wallet app, remove your transit card from your Apple Watch before you unpair.
  • Apple Watch doesn't have a physical SIM slot or reset button — the holes in your Apple Watch case are there to allow sound to and from the microphone and speakers, and to allow water-depth measurement on Apple Watch Ultra. To avoid damage, don't insert any object into the holes in your Apple Watch case.

How to unpair and erase your Apple Watch if you have your iPhone

1. Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together as you unpair them.
  2. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
  3. Go to the My Watch tab and tap All Watches.
  4. Tap the info button  next to the watch that you want to unpair. 
  5. Tap Unpair Apple Watch.

6. Tap Unpair [your Apple Watch name].
  7. For GPS + Cellular models, choose whether to keep or remove your cellular plan. 
    • If you want to pair your Apple Watch and iPhone again, keep your plan. 
    • If you don't want to pair your Apple Watch and iPhone again, remove your plan. If you aren't going to pair with a different watch or iPhone, you might need to contact your carrier to cancel your cellular subscription. 
  1. Type your Apple ID password to disable Activation Lock, then tap Unpair. 

Before erasing all content and settings on your Apple Watch, your iPhone creates a new backup of your Apple Watch. You can use the backup to restore a new Apple Watch. After your Apple Watch unpairs, you'll see the Start Pairing message.

"

If the issue persists, let's reset the Apple Watch next,

Contact Apple for support and service

Cheers.

Apple Watch Activity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.