Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why suddenly "Select All" function is lost on iPhone 12 after a recent iOS updating

Why suddenly "Select All" function is lost on iPhone 12 after a recent iOS update?

It returned early this year after a long lapse last couple of years. It is not available again in April 2023.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 6:12 AM

16 replies

Apr 9, 2023 6:47 AM in response to Kasemxai

Same iOS version here, and "select all" can be done using Apple mail app, as usual.

Try a forced restart of your device, using these instructions:

Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side (power) button. Only when the Apple logo appears (it might take 10-20 seconds), release that button (ignore all other screens that might appear, the one with the "slider" to turn the device off included).

Then see if you're using the correct gestures, as per this support page:--> Select, cut, copy, and paste text on iPhone

If the issue still persists, I suggest that you contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Contact Apple for support and service , or make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> https://locate.apple.com/choose-country-region . After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

Apr 9, 2023 8:19 AM in response to Kasemxai

If you are talking about the Select All function in the Mail app, then that happened to me briefly after an update. This is what resolved the problem for me:

• Close the mail app completely by swiping up.
  • Close any other open apps.
  • Power the iPhone off completely. Wait several minutes then power the phone back on.

At that point, I opened Mail, tapped Edit and the Select All option was back. I have an iPhone 13 Pro but it may be worth trying it on your iPhone. If not, contact Apple Support as pogster suggested.

Contact - Official Apple Support

Apr 10, 2023 4:42 AM in response to Kasemxai

Kasemxai, I think you and I may be talking about two different things. I was referring to the Mail app. It sounds like you may be referring to Select All while in an individual email. Sorry for the misunderstanding. When you try to Select All in an email, are you using the Apple Mail app or another app? If so, which one? How are you accessing email? In the Apple Mail app, when I long press within the email, I see the screen below.

Why suddenly "Select All" function is lost on iPhone 12 after a recent iOS updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.