Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music on Ipod Nano

Hi, I have an Ipod nano 7th generation and would like to add some music on it but when I am synchronising it on my mac, it says that apple music cannot be added to Ipod.

All my musics are downloaded on my computer, but their all under the apple music tag. Is there a way to add them to my Ipod.

Thank you

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 7:54 AM

Hi,

No. iPod nano can’t connect to Apple Music. See Sync your iPhone, iPad or iPod using your computer – Apple Support (UK) but you can only add music that has not been obtained from your Apple Music subscription.

Jim

3 replies

Apr 9, 2023 8:37 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Hi Jim, thank you for your answer.

So if I understand correctly, I am paying every month a subscription for music service from apple, listening this music on my phone and my computer (both apple), but cannot hear the same song on an Ipod (also apple). I guess one has to be pretty twisted to have such ideas.

Is there anyway to get music on my Ipod then?

Laurent

Music on Ipod Nano

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.