Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Greyed out message comes up every few minutes on Windows 10 wanting me to log in to iCloud

How do I stop greyed out message wanting me to log in to iCloud which comes up every couple of minutes when I'm using Windows 10 on my pc

Windows, 10

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2023 9:31 AM

Hi Nellyrob,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

We understand you're getting repeated iCloud login requests. If you recently changed your your Apple ID or password, you will want to sign out of iCloud and sign back in with the updated the login credentials.

This article lists all of the Apple services you may be signed into: What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

You can sign out from the iCloud pane in the bottom-left corner. If asked, you will keep files on your device and then sign back in. You’ll need to perform this step on all of the Apple devices you use.

Regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2023 9:31 AM in response to Nellyrob

Hi Nellyrob,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

We understand you're getting repeated iCloud login requests. If you recently changed your your Apple ID or password, you will want to sign out of iCloud and sign back in with the updated the login credentials.

This article lists all of the Apple services you may be signed into: What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

You can sign out from the iCloud pane in the bottom-left corner. If asked, you will keep files on your device and then sign back in. You’ll need to perform this step on all of the Apple devices you use.

Regards.

Apr 11, 2023 10:23 AM in response to SnickZ.

Sorry, I tried everything, changed my password yet again, and I'm still getting the same message asking me to enter my password to continue using iCloud, plus another page asking me to sign in, which is all greyed out so I can't. If I enter my password the wheel of death goes round and round and then I get a large X. The other greyed out page has the wheel of death going round eternally. This only happens on my laptop, Windows 10, my iPhone and iPad are OK. I have spent hours over this getting nowhere.

Apr 11, 2023 10:39 AM in response to Nellyrob

Hey there Nellyrob,

Thanks for keeping us posted. We recommend that you check for any anti-virus or firewall softwares that might be installed or active on your PC. These specific types of softwares can sometimes cause interference between your device and Apple services. It would be a good idea to pause those softwares just to further isolate this specific issue.

If that doesn't help, it would be a great step to reach out to Apple Support for help. They might have to investigate this issue further with you. Use the following link to reach them: Get Support

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Take care.

Greyed out message comes up every few minutes on Windows 10 wanting me to log in to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.