Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ventura 13.0 - Automatically switches to Dark mode when I have Light mode selected

Ever since buying this new MacBook earlier this year it switches to Dark mode by itself every freaking day. Which means that I have to manually set it to Light mode EVERY DAY.

Yes, I have selected Light mode, and still it switches around sunset. Even if I don't use the computer in the evening, when I open it up in the morning - Dark mode.

Driving me nuts. What to do?

MacBook Air, macOS 13.0

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 12:01 PM

Do you have any third-party tool installed that changes your appearance mode based on time of day?

In Ventura 13.3.1, when I set my appearance to Dark mode, it stays that way until I change it. I am also using custom wallpaper instead of what Apple provides. Have you inadvertently chosen the graduated time of day wall paper that Apple provides?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2023 12:01 PM in response to qken96

Do you have any third-party tool installed that changes your appearance mode based on time of day?

In Ventura 13.3.1, when I set my appearance to Dark mode, it stays that way until I change it. I am also using custom wallpaper instead of what Apple provides. Have you inadvertently chosen the graduated time of day wall paper that Apple provides?

Ventura 13.0 - Automatically switches to Dark mode when I have Light mode selected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.