Screen Time for Child - Communication limits

How May a parent set a child’s iPad to have a specific window period to communicate with a specific contact on iPad? Or how May a parent allow a set time everyday for a child to communicate with a specific contact ? For example: child is to communicate between 7pm-7:15pm Mon-Sun

iPad mini 2

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 11:45 AM

Hello there! I can assist you with setting up a specific window period for your child to communicate with a specific contact on their iPad.

Apple offers a feature called "Screen Time" that allows you to set specific restrictions and limits for your child's device usage. You can use this feature to set a specific communication window for your child to communicate with a specific contact.

Here are the steps to set up a communication window for your child's specific contact:

1. Open the "Settings" app on your child's iPad.
  2. Tap on "Screen Time" and then "App Limits."
  3. Tap on "Add Limit" and select "Messages" as the app you want to limit.
  4. Set the time window for your child's communication with the specific contact. In your example, you would set the time to be between 7pm-7:15pm Mon-Sun.
  5. Tap "Add" and then "Done" to save the changes.

By following these steps, your child's iPad will only allow them to communicate with the specific contact during the time window you set. This will help you monitor and limit your child's communication on their iPad.

If you have any further questions or issues, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to help.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2023 11:45 AM in response to HappyP34

Hello there! I can assist you with setting up a specific window period for your child to communicate with a specific contact on their iPad.

Apple offers a feature called "Screen Time" that allows you to set specific restrictions and limits for your child's device usage. You can use this feature to set a specific communication window for your child to communicate with a specific contact.

Here are the steps to set up a communication window for your child's specific contact:

1. Open the "Settings" app on your child's iPad.
  2. Tap on "Screen Time" and then "App Limits."
  3. Tap on "Add Limit" and select "Messages" as the app you want to limit.
  4. Set the time window for your child's communication with the specific contact. In your example, you would set the time to be between 7pm-7:15pm Mon-Sun.
  5. Tap "Add" and then "Done" to save the changes.

By following these steps, your child's iPad will only allow them to communicate with the specific contact during the time window you set. This will help you monitor and limit your child's communication on their iPad.

If you have any further questions or issues, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to help.

May 23, 2023 5:28 PM in response to HappyP34

Hiya HappyP34, if you set up downtime you can set it to only allow the iPad to contact a specific contact from 7-7:15. First go to screen time in settings, then click downtime, enter your screen time passcode if prompted, click the second option (Scheduled), once you set the specific time you would like downtime it will block all apps aside from apps you have allowed in the Always Allowed section of screen time, go back to the screen time menu, Click communication limits, look for the “During Downtime” section and click on it, it will say Only contacts or Specific contacts, click on specific contacts, choose the contacts you want the device to be able to contact during the desired downtime period. You should be set!

Screen Time for Child - Communication limits

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.