Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replacing battery on iPad Pro

Can I purchase the battery myself , and do it myself?

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 1:18 PM

Your iPad has no user-serviceable parts. Apple will not provide any internal components for self installation - and in fact, will not supply original parts outside of its own network of Apple Authorised Service Providers (AASPs).

If your battery requires replacement, you would be best advised to entrust this to an AASP or the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store - or use Apple’s mail-in repair service:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

iPad Repair & Service - Apple Support

For qualifying devices, in lieu of battery replacement, Apple will usually offer an exchange for a reconditioned/renewed iPad of the same model and specification. The cost of the exchange is the same as that charged for the battery replacement.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2023 1:18 PM in response to Katyseg

Your iPad has no user-serviceable parts. Apple will not provide any internal components for self installation - and in fact, will not supply original parts outside of its own network of Apple Authorised Service Providers (AASPs).

If your battery requires replacement, you would be best advised to entrust this to an AASP or the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store - or use Apple’s mail-in repair service:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

iPad Repair & Service - Apple Support

For qualifying devices, in lieu of battery replacement, Apple will usually offer an exchange for a reconditioned/renewed iPad of the same model and specification. The cost of the exchange is the same as that charged for the battery replacement.

Apr 9, 2023 2:02 PM in response to Katyseg

Technically it’s possible but Apple doesn’t support it.

Apple has a battery replacement service. As long as it’s in acceptable physical and working condition, it should be $119 plus tax in the United States. It’s really an exchange for a replacement unit with a fresh battery. I recently got one (warranty replacement) for my mini 6. It looked new.

Replacing battery on iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.