You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

prohibit login by local phone number

Hello all

I am using iphone SE2 with version 15.6.

I am not sure does this function work out of China or not. I am in China, many APP have a feature call "use local phone number to login", user click this button then login success.

On the login windows, it will show my phone number with mask like 158****2333. I try to did some research, this function seems work and provided by ISP.

I am not sure how much information that APP had been obtain. I would like to use APP completely in private.

Please noted that this should not like "Apps Using Apple ID", please do not mix up.

May I have your advise how could I achieve this?

Thank you.

Best Regards.

Scott

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 7:57 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 9, 2023 11:39 PM in response to Scott1069

If you are experiencing any difficulty with third-party apps or a specific website then please contact the app developer or site publisher/host directly. Here is how

Apr 10, 2023 8:36 AM in response to Scott1069

I think this question might be conflating an Apple ID feature that is available in a few places, including China.

Use your mobile phone number as your Apple ID - Apple Support

With the Apple ID usage, using the mobile number as an Apple ID is optional. Not required.

I don't know of a way to get a unique identifier such as a mobile number, IMEI, Wi-Fi MAC, or device serial number from within an iPhone or iPad app, absent an iOS or iPadOS exploit. Apple deliberately blocks app access to a whole lot of identifying information that can be used for tracking. In response, the ad networks and ad trackers can and do strive to get better here too, and can track online identities indirectly. Online privacy is hard.

Some or all of this may or will work differently in China, given the legal and network environments.

prohibit login by local phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.