Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downsampling Problem

Hi,

I have a 2 track project which contains two 24-bit 96kHz short duration sound files (1 in each track), both tracks have basic effects on them such as reverb, reverse, etc.

I would like an identical project, but downsampled to 24-bit 48kHz.

Online info suggests that I should create a new 48kHz project (with "convert audio file sample rate when importing" selected), in order to downsample the 2 imported 96kHz audio files into the new project.

The problem is - if I create the new project file set to 48kHz and then import the 96kHz sound files into it - it will downsample them fine, BUT then I will have to recreate all the edits (trims, effects, etc.) all over again.

What is the best way to create an identical downsampled version, with having to manually remake the entire composition?

I read somewhere online that I SHOULD NOT simply export / bounce the finished 96kHz project to a 48kHz audio file, as the quality will be affected, especially if effects are added.

I'm not sure if the advice in the previous sentence is correct, so I am now perplexed as to how to create an identical, but lower res version of my file.

Any help is appreciated - thank you.

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 3:20 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Downsampling Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.