Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 12 mini was stolen and put in lost mode

Hello, I was travelling and had my phone stolen on a bus. Unfortunately, the phone did not have a chip in it, and it is not trackable at this time according to the find my app. I did put it in lost mode, and sent a message out saying that if you find the phone please call me.

What are the chances that someone will be able to gain access to the phone now that it is put in lost mode?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 8:04 AM

No one will be able to get into your phone unless they know your Apple ID and Password.

Be extremely careful if you receive a message or email from "Apple" or "Apple Service" claiming that your phone has been found, and they just need a bit more information so the phone can be returned to you.

Apple will never send a message like this. This is a SCAM that is trying to trick you into revealing your Apple ID and Password. Delete the message and any others like it that you might see.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2023 8:04 AM in response to LorreenB

No one will be able to get into your phone unless they know your Apple ID and Password.

Be extremely careful if you receive a message or email from "Apple" or "Apple Service" claiming that your phone has been found, and they just need a bit more information so the phone can be returned to you.

Apple will never send a message like this. This is a SCAM that is trying to trick you into revealing your Apple ID and Password. Delete the message and any others like it that you might see.

iphone 12 mini was stolen and put in lost mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.