Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I add ‘Ask to Buy’ for an adult member in my family in family sharing for Apple?

We have had family sharing turned on for a while and it’s been pretty great with one niggle. One member of the family has an issue with being an impulse buyer and the charges are starting to add up. I know how to configure ‘Ask to Buy’ for kids but can’t seem to find something similar for an adult member of the family.

I basically want to add a speed bump to this person’s purchases and was hoping that there is a solution out there. Would appreciate any help I can get on this. Cheers!

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 7:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 7:55 AM

Refer to "Who can use Ask to Buy" in Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

Basically you cannot turn it on for an adult. If you cannot convince them to curb their spending and they do not make sure they always have adequate personal account balance to cover all their expenses, tell them they will be removed from the group.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2023 7:55 AM in response to hrpanjwani

Refer to "Who can use Ask to Buy" in Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

Basically you cannot turn it on for an adult. If you cannot convince them to curb their spending and they do not make sure they always have adequate personal account balance to cover all their expenses, tell them they will be removed from the group.

Can I add ‘Ask to Buy’ for an adult member in my family in family sharing for Apple?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.