Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

13.3.1 breaks external DisplayPort monitor support for my dock

I have a 2021 16" MacBook Pro. Up through MacOS 13.3 I used a Dell D6000 USB-C dock to power my keyboard, mouse, speakers, camera, and 3 external monitors: 1 via HDMI, and 2 via DisplayPort to DVI adapters.

After upgrading to MacOS 13.3.1 the DisplayPort connected monitors don't work. They are not recognized in Settings->Display, nor are they found in the System Report USB tab where they appeared before. They work when connected to individual USB-C to DVI dongles (skipping DisplayPort), but not the dock.

I have tried all combinations of resetting the dock, MacBook, and monitors. I am convinced that the update broke something related to DisplayPort external monitors connected to older docks. Earlier this year, an update broke my using a 2011 iMac as an external monitor connected to a dock (via raw DisplayPort, not Thunderbolt).

Has anyone else noticed this and fixed it?

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 12:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 12:39 PM

I solved my problem, I had to reinstall DisplayLink drivers.

Similar questions

1 reply

13.3.1 breaks external DisplayPort monitor support for my dock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.