Remove labeled favorite from maps

How do I remove the “Work” “Home” or “school” options on Apple Maps? It Doesn’t allow me to do it as easily as the other favorites that don’t have a label.

(I’m trying to answer my own question bc I saw an archived post of this question that was answered and the solution wasn’t as bullet proof as this)

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 1:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 2:04 PM

So when I had this problem just now the other post suggested editing/switching the address with a phony address. I didn’t try that bc I realized an easier way.

1) Go to Contacts app and find yourself by searching your own number.

2) click your contact

3) Scroll down and find the addresses saved under the contact. There may be different ones labeled different things. For example I had work, home, and school addresses and I was looking to remove the school option.

4) Delete the address you’re looking to remove by pressing the red minus button.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2023 2:04 PM in response to makee420

So when I had this problem just now the other post suggested editing/switching the address with a phony address. I didn’t try that bc I realized an easier way.

1) Go to Contacts app and find yourself by searching your own number.

2) click your contact

3) Scroll down and find the addresses saved under the contact. There may be different ones labeled different things. For example I had work, home, and school addresses and I was looking to remove the school option.

4) Delete the address you’re looking to remove by pressing the red minus button.

Remove labeled favorite from maps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.