Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

high consumption of mobile data

Some time ago here I think it started to happen when I updated to ios 16 I have an iphone 13 pro the consumption of mobile data in the software update section is too much, I always update via Wi-Fi with mobile data disabled as it is possible that after Always have the latest update, I still consume data in this section, I restore it every time I purchase an internet package and the expense is enormous that it could be

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 7:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2023 8:05 AM

It is in the system service in software update I have everything activated to save data but even with this activated and having the latest version updated via Wi-Fi it continues to consume data in software update from time to time it has consumed 1.8 GB in 2 weeks in this section

4 replies

Apr 11, 2023 5:37 AM in response to yeinergonzlaez

See the following Apple articles:

Use cellular data on your iPhone or iPad

Use cellular data on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

View or change cellular data settings on iPhone

View or change cellular data settings on iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

You can also do a test. 

Go to -> Settings.

(1) Tap Mobile network -> Mobile data options -> tap Roaming -> scroll down.

-> Data saver mode -> set Off or On, read the info.

-> Restrict IP address tracking -ON -> by hiding your IP address from unknown trackers in Mail and Safari. 

You can turn it Off if you wish.

(2) Scroll to Mobile Data -> check.

Turn off 'everything', and the next morning see what kind of error you get. Then you know which service is using data.

high consumption of mobile data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.