Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone stuck on verifying update

Iphone stuck on verifying update and I cannot restart it normally, and the worst part is that it's stuck on my lockscreen and face ID, or password won't work so when I try to restart it the easier way it asks for my password, but since I can't touch the screen it won't work, Help!!

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 11, 2023 1:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2023 5:00 PM

The method is guaranteed to work unless your phone’s hardware has failed. Try again:

• Press and quickly release VOLUME UP

then

• Press and quickly release VOLUME DOWN

then

• Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears (15-30 seconds), ignoring "slide to power off" if it appears

The operative word here is QUICKLY; and try it a couple of times, the timing is a little tricky.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2023 5:00 PM in response to MichelleCharmng

The method is guaranteed to work unless your phone’s hardware has failed. Try again:

• Press and quickly release VOLUME UP

then

• Press and quickly release VOLUME DOWN

then

• Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears (15-30 seconds), ignoring "slide to power off" if it appears

The operative word here is QUICKLY; and try it a couple of times, the timing is a little tricky.

Feb 3, 2024 2:45 AM in response to 1ph0neXR_user

I RESOLVED it, had same issue iPad was stuck on "verifying update", managed to force restart but then update wasn't applied, on retry it get stuck on same 'verifying update' again. I did reset my iPad hoping better results but still same after update it was getting stuck on "verifying update".

Mac wouldn't install iTunes as it required older version of macos so had to install iTunes on Windows 10 pc and then connected iPad to windows PC in iTunes to apply update via iTunes and it finally managed to apply update 17.3 on iPad

Iphone stuck on verifying update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.