Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Keynote 12.2.1 problems when exporting PDF

Hi. I'm trying to export a keynote slide to PDF, however I'm facing a problem.

The keynote slide has 1280x800 pixels dimensions. However, when exporting it via File -> Export to -> PDF... the resulting PDF misses the top and bottom parts when compared with the original slide.

For example, this is the original slide:

But the resulting PDF looks like this:

As you can see, Keynote has added a white stripe both at the top and bottom of the resulting PDF.

I've tried to generate the PDF using "Print..." instead of "Export to" and the results are the same.

Any clues? Thanks!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Apr 11, 2023 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2023 4:30 AM

No problem on any of our systems with exporting to PDF, so there is something specific to your Mac.

A few simple things to try:

• Check the Slide Layout to see if there are any unwanted items added
  • Start the Mac is Safe Mode as described by this Apple webpage then restart as normal: Start up your Mac in safe mode – Apple Support (UK)
  • Delete Keynote from the Applications folder, empty the Bin then download the latest version of Keynote which is 13.0

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2023 4:30 AM in response to msotaquira

No problem on any of our systems with exporting to PDF, so there is something specific to your Mac.

A few simple things to try:

• Check the Slide Layout to see if there are any unwanted items added
  • Start the Mac is Safe Mode as described by this Apple webpage then restart as normal: Start up your Mac in safe mode – Apple Support (UK)
  • Delete Keynote from the Applications folder, empty the Bin then download the latest version of Keynote which is 13.0

Keynote 12.2.1 problems when exporting PDF

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.