iOS 16.4.1 wireless CarPlay

After updating to 16.4.1 wireless CarPlay stopped working in my 2023 Honda Pilot. I’ve tried 2 different iPhones (12 mini and 13 Pro Max). I’ve deleted / forgot all connections on both sides. Rebooted both phones, cleared settings on my car head unit, etc. . The car and the phone both see each other and even prompt to connect CarPlay, but the connection never happens. I plug in wired CarPlay and all is well. I even get prompted to allow wireless CarPlay again after plugging in. I accept, but again wireless just fails. Anyway I figure something was broken in 16.4.1 but thought I’d see if anyone else is having an issue.

Thanks.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 11, 2023 1:10 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Apr 12, 2023 5:33 PM in response to Kristler

Hi Kristler,

We suggest the steps outlined in If you need help with CarPlay. These will be the most up-to-date instructions for troubleshooting your wireless connection.

If you have a wireless connection, make sure that Bluetooth is turned on on your iPhone under Settings > Bluetooth. Then go to Settings > Wi-Fi, and make sure that Wi-Fi is also turned on. Tap the CarPlay network, and check that Auto-Join is turned on.

It sounds like you may have already taken some of the steps in the article. If you haven't already, these two may help you reconnect.

If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions. If Content & Privacy Restrictions is on, tap Allowed Apps, and make sure that CarPlay is enabled.
-----
Make sure that your CarPlay stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer. Check your car's manual for more information

Thank you for being part of the Apple Support Communities.

Kindest Regards.

iOS 16.4.1 wireless CarPlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.