Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS Ventura Dock position with multiple displays

In OSX Ventura with multiple displays, the dock only appears in the lowest display in the arrangement. Is there a setting that can change this?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 11, 2023 10:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2023 1:28 AM

If the Dock is positioned at the bottom it typically will appear in any display, provided that you move the cursor to that area. It will only appear in one display at a time, but it will move depending on user action.

FWIW, I think the Dock is best kept out of sight, I could happily live in macOS without it, as there are better ways to do what it does… launching applications, switching to applications, switching to other windows can all be done from the keyboard… (though technically the Dock process is necessary for Command-tab so I do need it, just don’t need to see it or click it).

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2023 1:28 AM in response to keyboardjimmy

If the Dock is positioned at the bottom it typically will appear in any display, provided that you move the cursor to that area. It will only appear in one display at a time, but it will move depending on user action.

FWIW, I think the Dock is best kept out of sight, I could happily live in macOS without it, as there are better ways to do what it does… launching applications, switching to applications, switching to other windows can all be done from the keyboard… (though technically the Dock process is necessary for Command-tab so I do need it, just don’t need to see it or click it).

OS Ventura Dock position with multiple displays

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.