Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud photos backup

Dear Community hope you are all fine,

i have a facing issue with my iphone photos icloud backup recent i purchase icloud storage of 200GB but issue is when i deleted photos or videos from iphone after this they are also removed from icloud storage

please share setting which setting is it for to save videos and photos stored in icloud , and delete from my iphone storage

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 12, 2023 1:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2023 2:54 AM

That’s how iCloud works. iCloud is a synchronization service, not offline storage. Anything you do on device or in iCloud is reflected everywhere. You can optimize photos (settings > photos) to keep lower resolution versions of photos on your phone and originals in iCloud.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2023 2:54 AM in response to shah1900

That’s how iCloud works. iCloud is a synchronization service, not offline storage. Anything you do on device or in iCloud is reflected everywhere. You can optimize photos (settings > photos) to keep lower resolution versions of photos on your phone and originals in iCloud.

icloud photos backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.