Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can my iPhone pick up other AirTags around me?

Can an Apple device pick up other AirTags or is there one actually one on me

Posted on Apr 12, 2023 2:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2023 4:16 AM

Hello GrandmSonata,

iPhones are able to detect if there is an AirTag (that doesn't belong to you), whether or not it is following you or not. However, if the person that owns the AirTag is with you, then it will not set off an alert because the parent device that is was set up with is near it.

If your iPhone is alerting you that an AirTag may be following you, I believe that you can scan your area through Find My to locate the AirTag. Here is an Apple Support Document that talks about the issue you may be having. What to do if you get an alert that an AirTag, Find My network accessory, or set of AirPods is with you - Apple Support (IE)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2023 4:16 AM in response to GrandmSonata

Hello GrandmSonata,

iPhones are able to detect if there is an AirTag (that doesn't belong to you), whether or not it is following you or not. However, if the person that owns the AirTag is with you, then it will not set off an alert because the parent device that is was set up with is near it.

If your iPhone is alerting you that an AirTag may be following you, I believe that you can scan your area through Find My to locate the AirTag. Here is an Apple Support Document that talks about the issue you may be having. What to do if you get an alert that an AirTag, Find My network accessory, or set of AirPods is with you - Apple Support (IE)

Can my iPhone pick up other AirTags around me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.