Taking picture with iphone

I'm using an iphone SE2. When I take a picture in Photo Mode, my phone always shoots in movie mode with multiple frames instead of one Still photo. How can I correct this?

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 12, 2023 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2023 5:39 AM

It sounds like your iPhone SE2 might be stuck in Burst Mode, which takes multiple photos in quick succession instead of a single still photo. Here's what you can do to turn off Burst Mode:

1. Open the Camera app on your iPhone SE2.
  2. Look for the "Burst Mode" icon at the top of the screen. It looks like a set of circles overlapping.
  3. If the icon is yellow, that means Burst Mode is on. Tap the icon to turn it off.
  4. If the icon is not present, swipe left or right on the camera screen until you see it.

After turning off Burst Mode, try taking a photo in Photo Mode again to see if the issue is resolved. If you're still having trouble, it may be helpful to reset your camera settings or restart your iPhone.

I hope this helps you capture still photos on your iPhone SE2. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns! In order to make you photos more appealing you can also explore for tips of taking good photos through smartphone.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2023 5:39 AM in response to chuy68

It sounds like your iPhone SE2 might be stuck in Burst Mode, which takes multiple photos in quick succession instead of a single still photo. Here's what you can do to turn off Burst Mode:

1. Open the Camera app on your iPhone SE2.
  2. Look for the "Burst Mode" icon at the top of the screen. It looks like a set of circles overlapping.
  3. If the icon is yellow, that means Burst Mode is on. Tap the icon to turn it off.
  4. If the icon is not present, swipe left or right on the camera screen until you see it.

After turning off Burst Mode, try taking a photo in Photo Mode again to see if the issue is resolved. If you're still having trouble, it may be helpful to reset your camera settings or restart your iPhone.

I hope this helps you capture still photos on your iPhone SE2. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns! In order to make you photos more appealing you can also explore for tips of taking good photos through smartphone.

Sep 18, 2023 8:35 PM in response to chuy68

If your iPhone SE2 is capturing multiple frames instead of a single still photo when you're in Photo Mode, it's possible that you have a feature called "Live Photos" enabled. Live Photos capture a few seconds of video along with the still photo to add a dynamic element to your images.

Here's how you can toggle the Live Photos feature on or off:

1. Open the Camera app on your iPhone.
  2. Ensure you are in "Photo Mode," which is the default mode.
  3. Look for the Live Photos icon. It's typically a series of concentric circles at the top of the camera interface. If it's yellow or highlighted, Live Photos is enabled.
  4. Tap the Live Photos icon to turn it off. It should no longer be highlighted.
  5. Now, when you take a photo, it should capture only a single still image in Photo Mode.

Once you've turned off Live Photos, your iPhone should behave as expected, capturing single still photos when you take pictures in Photo Mode.

Taking picture with iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.