Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cable serial no

Hey, my frnd apple charging cable is in warranty bút couldn't find its serial number

Posted on Apr 12, 2023 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2023 1:51 PM

If it is a genuine Apple cable the serial number should be printed along the cable, about 6-10" (15-20cm) from one of the connectors. It seems to be usually the power adaptor (USB) end on Lightning cables, but on a symmetrical USB-C cable it will always be the other end you don't look first! the text is very small, pale grey on a slightly paler cable, so you will need good light and a magnifier.

Identify counterfeit or uncertified Lightning connector accessories - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2023 1:51 PM in response to mohdarvaz

If it is a genuine Apple cable the serial number should be printed along the cable, about 6-10" (15-20cm) from one of the connectors. It seems to be usually the power adaptor (USB) end on Lightning cables, but on a symmetrical USB-C cable it will always be the other end you don't look first! the text is very small, pale grey on a slightly paler cable, so you will need good light and a magnifier.

Identify counterfeit or uncertified Lightning connector accessories - Apple Support

Apr 12, 2023 3:04 PM in response to mohdarvaz

mohdarvaz wrote:

it's original, i got it with my iphone but still couldn't find it
many people saying serial number are nor there in new cables

The markings are still there on current production but very difficult to see, as I described above. I just cracked open a brand new USB/Lightning cable I purchased (in person) about 1 month ago from an Apple Store here in UK. The cable is marked as described. I also checked my USB-C charging cable for Apple Watch, it is also marked as described.

Note - the HT document I referenced above was written a few years ago when Lightning was the dominant Apple connector. USB-C is now appearing and has a similar marking scheme but Apple has not yet added it to the support document.

Cable serial no

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.