Can’t all log in with separate Apple ID on family sharing of Apple One subscription for Apple TV

I have An Apple One subscription which includes Apple TV. I have family sharing on. The Apple TV subscription is shared. Yet no one else can log into Apple TV using their own Apple ID. It doesn’t recognize that they have a subscription. Have tried adding another account on the Apple TV app on the TB and logging in from an iPhone. How can each user login with their own Apple ID?

Posted on Apr 12, 2023 9:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 10:06 AM

Do the other group member have an Apple ID account set for the same country (or country-like region) as you? Group members should all have accounts for the same country. It doesn’t work internationally.

Do the group members each have a fully configured account, with all the required details, including a verified email address (respond to test message)? Have them edit if needed.

Invited group members should accept or decline the inclusion into the Family Sharing group. If they haven’t accepted yet, then they won’t have access to the shared services.

The other group members wouldn’t have a subscription, only the original subscriber has that. But the others get access to the subscription content by signing in with their Apple ID account as used for the Family Sharing setup. Their settings for Family Sharing (e.g. on iPhone) would show what is shared. They should be able to go to e.g. Ted Lasso, sign in, and watch that.

Do you have normal full access to Apple TV+ on your Apple ID account?

Did you perhaps recently activate Apple One, after having Apple TV+ before? Apple One starts with a 1 month free trial of the bundle subscriptions, for as far as you haven’t tried those before. The non-trial components resume after the trial, i.e. when paying for Apple One. For a seamless transition, such subscribers would need one month overlap.

Did they try the right content? E.g. iTunes Store movies (buy/rent) are not included in Apple TV+.

About Apple TV+ - Apple

Apple Originals - Apple TV+ Press

List of Apple TV+ original programming (episodic/series) - Wikipedia

List of Apple TV+ original films - Wikipedia

Else contact the Apple Support staff for assistance.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2023 10:06 AM in response to cherisse48

Do the other group member have an Apple ID account set for the same country (or country-like region) as you? Group members should all have accounts for the same country. It doesn’t work internationally.

Do the group members each have a fully configured account, with all the required details, including a verified email address (respond to test message)? Have them edit if needed.

Invited group members should accept or decline the inclusion into the Family Sharing group. If they haven’t accepted yet, then they won’t have access to the shared services.

The other group members wouldn’t have a subscription, only the original subscriber has that. But the others get access to the subscription content by signing in with their Apple ID account as used for the Family Sharing setup. Their settings for Family Sharing (e.g. on iPhone) would show what is shared. They should be able to go to e.g. Ted Lasso, sign in, and watch that.

Do you have normal full access to Apple TV+ on your Apple ID account?

Did you perhaps recently activate Apple One, after having Apple TV+ before? Apple One starts with a 1 month free trial of the bundle subscriptions, for as far as you haven’t tried those before. The non-trial components resume after the trial, i.e. when paying for Apple One. For a seamless transition, such subscribers would need one month overlap.

Did they try the right content? E.g. iTunes Store movies (buy/rent) are not included in Apple TV+.

About Apple TV+ - Apple

Apple Originals - Apple TV+ Press

List of Apple TV+ original programming (episodic/series) - Wikipedia

List of Apple TV+ original films - Wikipedia

Else contact the Apple Support staff for assistance.

Apr 16, 2023 4:52 PM in response to Urquhart1244

I think We did everything correctly. I chatted with support twice. We all update our phones. We all logged out of media and purchases. I unshared and then reshared to the family. Sent new invitations. Everyone rejoined. Under sharing everyone is accepted and every app is shared. Apple TV still only works under the main id. We are new Apple One users. And we did not have Apple TV before. We joined April 9 but we paid. I do not think we are in a free trial. We are all in the US.

Can’t all log in with separate Apple ID on family sharing of Apple One subscription for Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.