Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is GarageBand the only way to customize your own ringtones?

I have a PC, not a Mac. I do have access to the iCloud, but I want to take .m4r files and place them as ringtones on my iPhone 12 Pro. I cannot do this anymore through iTunes. I know there are steps for Macs, but what about syncing files to edit in GarageBand through the PC? Where do I place the files in the iCloud to be able to "see" and use them on my iPhone to use with GarageBand, if that's the only method?

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Apr 12, 2023 9:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 9:00 AM

You can do it on your iPhone.

Yes, if you have GarageBand, Transfer the songs from Files app to GarageBand then --> GarageBand: Share songs to iTunes - Apple Support

Import a song from the Music app into GarageBand for iPhone ...

Add audio files to your song

1. Open GarageBand on your iOS device, and open the song you want to add an audio file to.
  2. If necessary, tap. to open the song in Tracks view.
  3. Tap. to open the Loops browser. ...
  4. Tap Audio Files, then drag the file to the Tracks area in GarageBand.

Browse your GarageBand for iOS songs - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2023 9:00 AM in response to SteV1der

You can do it on your iPhone.

Yes, if you have GarageBand, Transfer the songs from Files app to GarageBand then --> GarageBand: Share songs to iTunes - Apple Support

Import a song from the Music app into GarageBand for iPhone ...

Add audio files to your song

1. Open GarageBand on your iOS device, and open the song you want to add an audio file to.
  2. If necessary, tap. to open the song in Tracks view.
  3. Tap. to open the Loops browser. ...
  4. Tap Audio Files, then drag the file to the Tracks area in GarageBand.

Browse your GarageBand for iOS songs - Apple Support

Apr 13, 2023 9:01 AM in response to SteV1der

Here you have the process!

My GarageBand opens my iCloud Drive. In your case, it may not be so. Nevertheless, the process remains the same. This helps because accidentally if you open up iCloud Drive using GarageBand you can get back to GarageBand.

Watch the GIF below to convert any music to RingTone

This is made on iOS 13.3.1 iPhone SE

Apr 13, 2023 9:18 AM in response to SteV1der

Look for a Windows tool or online converter that can create an M4R ringtone file.

Or search for existing M4R or M4A files of interest.

Here is how to use a PC to get from MP3 to M4R (using Audacity):

https://www.wikihow.com/Convert-MP3-to-M4R-on-Windows-10

PS: Copy-protected files such as those from an Apple Music subscription likely can’t be converted, due to DRM. If you’re having issues with iTunes and the source music file might or does have DRM, try starting again with one you know does not have DRM.

Is GarageBand the only way to customize your own ringtones?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.