Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad shows "Accessory not supported" when I have no accessories connected

i get the "Accessory not supported" alert when: i have no accessories connected to my ipad and i first start the ios. this has been happening since ios 14 or 15 and is still happening with ios16. the main difference is that it now happens several times in a row. I have looked at the old remedies, but i didn't see one that included the fact that no accessories were attached.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 1:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 2:44 PM

See >>> If you see an ‘Accessory may not be supported’ alert - Apple Support

If you are using a Smart (folio) keyboard, the alert is typical of a faulty folio keyboard. The electrical connections that pass though the flexible fabric hinges typically fracture - this usually resulting in errors and/or the on-screen notification that you see. 

The Smart folio keyboard itself is not repairable. The only remedy is replacement of the keyboard. If you are within your warranty period, you’ll need to contact Apple Support or your retailer.

You will find the Support link at top-right of this page. 

Alternatively, you can initiate a support case using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your device, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/app/apple-support/id1130498044

A further alternative is to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store, where the technicians will be delighted to assist. When visiting the Genius Bar, a reservation is recommended:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2023 2:44 PM in response to dwwatson

See >>> If you see an ‘Accessory may not be supported’ alert - Apple Support

If you are using a Smart (folio) keyboard, the alert is typical of a faulty folio keyboard. The electrical connections that pass though the flexible fabric hinges typically fracture - this usually resulting in errors and/or the on-screen notification that you see. 

The Smart folio keyboard itself is not repairable. The only remedy is replacement of the keyboard. If you are within your warranty period, you’ll need to contact Apple Support or your retailer.

You will find the Support link at top-right of this page. 

Alternatively, you can initiate a support case using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your device, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/app/apple-support/id1130498044

A further alternative is to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store, where the technicians will be delighted to assist. When visiting the Genius Bar, a reservation is recommended:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

iPad shows "Accessory not supported" when I have no accessories connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.