Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blocking Youtube videos embedded into search

I have a family iCloud account and use Focus to limit the time my children spend on services like Youtube. I have a single rule which covers both app and website. However, the children has discovered that search engines like www.duckduckgo.com allow you to view YouTube videos, by-passing the Focus rules. The videos are embedded frames from youtu.be and youtube-nocookie.com, however adding these websites to the Focus rules doesn't do anything (I'm assuming Focus just applies to the original website, not the website of resources).

How can I limit or block watching YouTube on DuckDuckGo without blocking the whole search engine (which if set to the default search engine, effectively blocks Safari)?

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 1:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2023 7:53 AM

One solution I’ve found is to add the following URLs to the never allow list under “Content & Privacy Restrictions” > Content Restrictions > Web Content.

youtu.be
youtube-nocookie.com

YouTube will work normally, but it’ll block watching embedded video on search engines.

Similar questions

2 replies

Blocking Youtube videos embedded into search

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.