Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to disable IPv6 on the iPhone?

Before some of the overthinkers ask, why would you want to do that? I'll explain that my ISP is having issues with IPv6 and (one) of those internet evils called captchas.

Over the last few months something has changed with captchas which fail despite getting them right. I've tested this out over fifty times and I have no issue with the successful completion of captchas when using a VPN withOUT IPv6 or if I disable IPv6 on my PC. However, m OEM ISP provided XB6 router has disabled functionality regarding IPv6. It can only be disabled by manually doing so on the actual device like tablet, phone, or PC (if capable).

The other option is to buy a third party router and bridge the modem to obtain manual configuration for IPv6.

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 4:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 4:28 PM

Technically correct, but I found a workaround.

1. Go to Settings
  2. tap i next to your Wi-Fi SSID
  3. Configure DNS
  4. Select Manual
  5. Remove your IPv6 DNS addresses

Now, you will no longer be connected to IPv6 with that Access Point.

2 replies

Is there a way to disable IPv6 on the iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.