Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please help me fix this MacBook Pro Touch Bar problem

Hello there.

I've set Touch Bar to show App Controls and Control Strip when I hold the fn key, but I've set it to show F1-F12 keys for several applications.

Previously In those applications, I could hold the fn key to show me Control Strip instead of F1-F12 and it was so convenient, but now holding the fn key is not working anymore, Touch Bar constantly showing F1-F12 and I don't know how to get that fn key behaviour back.

Please help me to fix this Touch Bar problem...

Here are 10 seconds video fragment of how it worked before (F1-F12 switch to Control Strip when you hold the fn key): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU2eqKO-Fz4&t=46s.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 5:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 9:03 AM

shep_dim wrote:

Hello there.

I've set Touch Bar to show App Controls and Control Strip when I hold the fn key, but I've set it to show F1-F12 keys for several applications.

Previously In those applications, I could hold the fn key to show me Control Strip instead of F1-F12 and it was so convenient, but now holding the fn key is not working anymore, Touch Bar constantly showing F1-F12 and I don't know how to get that fn key behaviour back.

Here are 10 seconds video fragment of how it worked before (F1-F12 switch to Control Strip when you hold the fn key): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU2eqKO-Fz4&t=46s.

well, you will just have to make changes and compare your results to suit your needs.

It seems your video reference above is a good tutorial...

Change Touch Bar settings on Mac

Customize the Touch Bar on Mac - Apple Support

verify your software is up to date…

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.3.1

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

I do not use F1-F12 keys for anything.

if no insight or resolve—A SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies, clearing system caches etc.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2023 9:03 AM in response to shep_dim

shep_dim wrote:

Hello there.

well, you will just have to make changes and compare your results to suit your needs.

It seems your video reference above is a good tutorial...

Change Touch Bar settings on Mac

Customize the Touch Bar on Mac - Apple Support

verify your software is up to date…

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.3.1

I do not use F1-F12 keys for anything.

if no insight or resolve—A SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies, clearing system caches etc.

Please help me fix this MacBook Pro Touch Bar problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.