Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I permanently remove Cellular Data from my iPad Pro?

My iPad has Cellular Data that I decided not to activate; however, the iPad randomly switches to Cellular Data while I am using my in-home Wi-Fi. I have turned it off in “Setting”; it still randomly switched from Wi-Fi to Cellular Data. How can I permanently get rid of the Cellar Data option on my IPad?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 4:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 5:08 PM

Your iPad will only use Cellular data if the iPad has an active Cellular data plan.

Depending upon your iPad settings, if you have a Cellular plan provisioned on the iPad, iPad will switch to Cellular if the available WiFi signal is poor. This function can be disabled without fully disabling Cellular:

Settings > Mobile Data/Cellular > WiFi Assist - set to OFF

If you do wish to turn-off the active Cellular connection, this setting can also be accessed from iPad settings:

Settings > Mobile Data/Cellular > Mobile Data - set to OFF

You should note that turning-off Cellular, WiFi or Bluetooth from the Control Centre is does not fully shut-off the associated radio interface.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2023 5:08 PM in response to Shuge

Your iPad will only use Cellular data if the iPad has an active Cellular data plan.

Depending upon your iPad settings, if you have a Cellular plan provisioned on the iPad, iPad will switch to Cellular if the available WiFi signal is poor. This function can be disabled without fully disabling Cellular:

Settings > Mobile Data/Cellular > WiFi Assist - set to OFF

If you do wish to turn-off the active Cellular connection, this setting can also be accessed from iPad settings:

Settings > Mobile Data/Cellular > Mobile Data - set to OFF

You should note that turning-off Cellular, WiFi or Bluetooth from the Control Centre is does not fully shut-off the associated radio interface.

how can I permanently remove Cellular Data from my iPad Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.