Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

My side button is not working however I need to use my Apple Pay. I was just wondering if there was anyway I can still use Apple Pay besides clicking the side button twice.

My side button is not working however I need to use my Apple Pay. I was just wondering if there was anyway I can still use Apple Pay besides clicking the side button twice.

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 6:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2023 9:43 PM

In that case people can turn on payments with AssistiveTouch as well as with Switch Control. Problem is that for turning on that features on you have to confirm it with Double Click to Side Button. They may ask someone to do that just one time and then they will be able to use Apple Pay. But this case needs functional Side Button, so you can configure payments with AssistiveTouch/Switch Control.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2023 9:43 PM in response to Aimeepf

In that case people can turn on payments with AssistiveTouch as well as with Switch Control. Problem is that for turning on that features on you have to confirm it with Double Click to Side Button. They may ask someone to do that just one time and then they will be able to use Apple Pay. But this case needs functional Side Button, so you can configure payments with AssistiveTouch/Switch Control.

Apr 13, 2023 11:04 PM in response to Chi123_

The Side Button is the physical authorization of payment, so it’s protect you from accidental charge(payments). As it not possible to push the button of the phone without being burned, so it will also protect you from pickpockets.

That’s why it is not possible to imitate “Double Click to Pay” with AssistiveTouch or with any other way.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.