Laggy animations

Hey everyone! So im just a little bit confused at the moment. Im getting a lot of bugged and laggy animations on my iphone 14 pro max on a number of different apps and even on the home screen. For example, on youtube when i minimize a video the animation is horribly choppy and laggy and is not smooth at all. On tiktok the scroll animations on the for you page is fine but when i go onto peoples profiles and scroll, the animation is completely different and even skips frames (its not an issue with the app as i had to reinstall it about 7 times to get it to fix it and then it broke again after uninstalling it due to a different laggy animtion. Furthermore, when a widget is on the left side of the homescreen there is a very small amount of ghosting and is just overall less smooth. However when it is on the right side its completely fine. Im wondering if these software bugs will ever get fixed or are they issues with apps. Because i would expect an app like youtube to be fully compatible with each new apple device, however i may be wrong. Im also wondering if im alone with these animation issues or if other people are experiencing the same because i cant find anything onlne. I made the switch to iphone not long ago from my S21 Ultra and overall im happy however these animation bugs are starting to ruin the buttery smooth experience that i switched to apple devices for. Thanks!

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 7:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 7:34 PM

Hello seb217!

Please try a Forced Restart, and see if that doesn’t fix the issue.

If the issue persists, please Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support, and report the bug Here.

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

Similar questions

2 replies

Laggy animations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.