Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirTags

I received a notification that I have 2 AirTags in my vehicle, but my spouse denies that they have anything to do with it. Is it possible that while I was driving my IPhone picked up a car that has AirTags and alerted my phone ?

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 6:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 7:04 AM

"AirTag is designed to discourage unwanted tracking. If someone else’s AirTag finds its way into your stuff, your iPhone will notice it’s traveling with you and send you an alert. After a while, if you still haven’t found it, the AirTag will start playing a sound to let you know it’s there.

Of course, if you happen to be with a friend who has an AirTag, or on a train with a whole bunch of people with AirTag, don’t worry. These alerts are triggered only when an AirTag is separated from its owner."

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2023 7:04 AM in response to Tadpoles_froggy

"AirTag is designed to discourage unwanted tracking. If someone else’s AirTag finds its way into your stuff, your iPhone will notice it’s traveling with you and send you an alert. After a while, if you still haven’t found it, the AirTag will start playing a sound to let you know it’s there.

Of course, if you happen to be with a friend who has an AirTag, or on a train with a whole bunch of people with AirTag, don’t worry. These alerts are triggered only when an AirTag is separated from its owner."

Apr 14, 2023 7:10 AM in response to Limnos

I asked my spouse why I was alerted to having 2 AirTags within my vehicle and he said that my phone must’ve picked up someone else’s AirTags. This happened while we are traveling on an interstate. I’m really concerned and want to know if that is a possibility or not. Sounds fishy to me, but I’m not someone that knows about these things. Any help that you can give me is greatly appreciated, Thank you for responding 🙏🏻 I hope this makes sense.

Apr 14, 2023 8:03 AM in response to Tadpoles_froggy

You're welcome. You can contact Apple if you wish to but they may just be working with the same information. I guess it is conceivable somebody else was traveling with an unaccompanied Airtag and you happened to be near them at this time. As I said, I don't know the details of these things and if there's certain timing required. In other words, you'd have to be stuck in a traffic jam with them vs. passing them for a few seconds at speed.

AirTags

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.