Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing POI after Appel Maps update in my country

Hi,

there was the big update on Apple Maps in Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, Austria etc few days ago.

Today I noticed that some POI are missing, even it was there before.

For example:

• the gas station I use the most is not there anymore, even it was there before
  • the building materials shop I visit regularly is in the old address where it was several years ago and it's not on the correct address as it was before the update

Did you noticed something similar?

iPhone 13

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 9:27 AM

If you have noticed that some Points of Interest (POIs) are missing in Apple Maps, there could be a few reasons why this is happening. Here are some steps you can take to try to resolve the issue:

1. Make sure that your device is connected to the internet and that your internet connection is strong. Apple Maps relies on an internet connection to download map data and POI information. If your internet connection is weak or unstable, it may be preventing the POI from appearing.
  2. If none of the above steps work, you can report the issue to Apple. Open Apple Maps and tap the "i" button in the upper-right corner. Tap "Report an Issue" and follow the prompts to report the missing POI. Apple may be able to investigate the issue and add the missing POI to their database.
  3. Report a problem with Maps on Mac
    1. In the Maps app on your Mac, choose Maps > Report an Issue. ... 
    2. Choose one of the following: ... 
    3. Follow the onscreen instructions to provide the requested information and include any additional information.
    4. Click Submit.
    5. Report a problem with Maps on Mac - Apple Support (IN)
  4. You may --> Maps Report an Issue & Privacy - Apple Support & Report a problem with Maps on Mac - Apple Support
  5. Also --> Help improve Maps on iPhone - Apple Support
  6. Find an answer here -- > If Maps isn't working on your Apple device - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2023 9:27 AM in response to jakudo

If you have noticed that some Points of Interest (POIs) are missing in Apple Maps, there could be a few reasons why this is happening. Here are some steps you can take to try to resolve the issue:

1. Make sure that your device is connected to the internet and that your internet connection is strong. Apple Maps relies on an internet connection to download map data and POI information. If your internet connection is weak or unstable, it may be preventing the POI from appearing.
  2. If none of the above steps work, you can report the issue to Apple. Open Apple Maps and tap the "i" button in the upper-right corner. Tap "Report an Issue" and follow the prompts to report the missing POI. Apple may be able to investigate the issue and add the missing POI to their database.
  3. Report a problem with Maps on Mac
    1. In the Maps app on your Mac, choose Maps > Report an Issue. ... 
    2. Choose one of the following: ... 
    3. Follow the onscreen instructions to provide the requested information and include any additional information.
    4. Click Submit.
    5. Report a problem with Maps on Mac - Apple Support (IN)
  4. You may --> Maps Report an Issue & Privacy - Apple Support & Report a problem with Maps on Mac - Apple Support
  5. Also --> Help improve Maps on iPhone - Apple Support
  6. Find an answer here -- > If Maps isn't working on your Apple device - Apple Support

Missing POI after Appel Maps update in my country

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.