Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

selecting episode

How can I select the Season and the Episode?

Mac mini, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 6:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2023 3:51 AM

Can you give an example of a show for which this difficult to do? Descriptions work better when I try to match what you have, or very similar, if possible.

Mac mini, macOS 10.13
  1. For Apple TV+ content, and for the mentioned Mac, you would have to watch in a browser, as the Apple TV app on Mac requires macOS 10.15 or later.
  2. For iTunes Store TV show content, with this Mac, you would have to watch in the iTunes application, as the Apple TV app on Mac requires macOS 10.15 or later.
  3. For DRM-free content originating from ‘other sources’, that you watch through the iTunes application (e.g. Home Sharing), verify that the MP4 tags are set to support this. Edit if needed.
  4. Playback software from third party developers may need other methods to group episodes and seasons. Contact those developers for guidance.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2023 3:51 AM in response to -menlo-

Can you give an example of a show for which this difficult to do? Descriptions work better when I try to match what you have, or very similar, if possible.

Mac mini, macOS 10.13
  1. For Apple TV+ content, and for the mentioned Mac, you would have to watch in a browser, as the Apple TV app on Mac requires macOS 10.15 or later.
  2. For iTunes Store TV show content, with this Mac, you would have to watch in the iTunes application, as the Apple TV app on Mac requires macOS 10.15 or later.
  3. For DRM-free content originating from ‘other sources’, that you watch through the iTunes application (e.g. Home Sharing), verify that the MP4 tags are set to support this. Edit if needed.
  4. Playback software from third party developers may need other methods to group episodes and seasons. Contact those developers for guidance.

selecting episode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.