Can I trade in my brand new ipad for an iPhone?

Can I trade in my brand new iPad for iPhone ?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 7:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2023 4:02 PM

Yes, in principal you can trade-in a qualifying Apple device against other device. For dissimilar devices, you’ll need to do this in store - as the online trade-in system assumes trade for a similar device.

In store, qualifying devices can also be verified and immediately tested against acceptance criteria. You’ll receive the trade-in value by way of Apple Vouchers - which can be used against purchase of Apple devices of your choice.

Alternatively, you can use the mail-in service - although this can be more problematic. The condition of your devices and functioning, subsequent to their return, may become a point of disagreement. If you choose to follow this path, Apple will send shipping containers with which you can send your devices individually to their trade-in partner.  Upon acceptance, the assigned trade-in value will be sent to you by way of an Apple Gift Card.

More information can be found here:

Apple Trade In - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2023 4:02 PM in response to milmilsukiasyan

Yes, in principal you can trade-in a qualifying Apple device against other device. For dissimilar devices, you’ll need to do this in store - as the online trade-in system assumes trade for a similar device.

In store, qualifying devices can also be verified and immediately tested against acceptance criteria. You’ll receive the trade-in value by way of Apple Vouchers - which can be used against purchase of Apple devices of your choice.

Alternatively, you can use the mail-in service - although this can be more problematic. The condition of your devices and functioning, subsequent to their return, may become a point of disagreement. If you choose to follow this path, Apple will send shipping containers with which you can send your devices individually to their trade-in partner.  Upon acceptance, the assigned trade-in value will be sent to you by way of an Apple Gift Card.

More information can be found here:

Apple Trade In - Apple

Can I trade in my brand new ipad for an iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.