Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPort Time Capsule

I have no trouble accessing my password-protected home network when using my newish MacBook Air (Ventura 13.3.1). But when try to access the same network using my ancient PowerBook (Tiger 10.4.11), the same password is rejected. What gives?

MacBook Air 13″

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 9:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 9:26 PM

The PowerBook cannot support the higher default WPA2 Wi-Fi security settings that the Time Capsule is using.

I doubt that it would work, but you could try to lower the security setting on the Time Capsule. The downside.....security on your entire network is seriously diminished to a setting that is no longer considered secure.

Best bet..... look for a Wi-Fi to USB adapter to try on the old PowerBook. Amazon has them.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2023 9:26 PM in response to sfrench

The PowerBook cannot support the higher default WPA2 Wi-Fi security settings that the Time Capsule is using.

I doubt that it would work, but you could try to lower the security setting on the Time Capsule. The downside.....security on your entire network is seriously diminished to a setting that is no longer considered secure.

Best bet..... look for a Wi-Fi to USB adapter to try on the old PowerBook. Amazon has them.

AirPort Time Capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.