Chinese text is uneven

after my phone glitched out when i was switching keyboard placements around in 2022, my simplified Chinese text shows up to be very uneven and has letters that are written strangely, or some letters appear bolder than others. for non-natives of the language it may be difficult to notice, but it’s very obvious to me. i took my phone to the beijing apple store and they said they didn’t know how to fix it. any help would be much appreciated, thanks! (phone has also since been changed from XR to the 13)

iPhone 13

Posted on Apr 15, 2023 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2023 8:41 AM

Try going to settings > general > language & region and making sure that simplified chinese is higher on the list of preferred languages than japanese or korean. Best in fact to remove those if present. This should prevent the phone from using the wrong font for your han characters.

If that does not help, please post here some specific examples of characters with the wrong form.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2023 8:41 AM in response to okaylizno

Try going to settings > general > language & region and making sure that simplified chinese is higher on the list of preferred languages than japanese or korean. Best in fact to remove those if present. This should prevent the phone from using the wrong font for your han characters.

If that does not help, please post here some specific examples of characters with the wrong form.

Chinese text is uneven

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.