Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Playing Old Car Talk episodes on my iPhone

I've been wrestling with this for a couple years even in this venue so I thought I would try again now that I've somewhat isolated the problem. Over the last 10 or so years I've been listening to episodes of Car Talk. Originally I listened on an mp3 player to an ipod then to an iPhone. If I go to iTunes on my desktop and list the Car Talk episodes it shows over 150 of them, and I can listen to them on the computer in iTunes. Of coarse everything now is called a podcast, but back then that was not the case. These episodes of Car Talk are not included in the Car Talk podcast downloads which they now title "The Best of Car Talk". I want to listen to the Car Talk episodes from 10 years ago, but they are not recognized by the podcast app on the iPhone so I only get recent podcasts. Is there a way that I can listened to these episodes on my iPhone with the podcast app or otherwise?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Apr 15, 2023 10:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2023 12:46 PM

Ok further finagling has solved this problem. For some reason the old episodes were not being recognized as podcasts on my phone's podcast app so they were not grouped with the newer podcast downloads. To correct this I had to go in and edit all of the files from Podcast to Music. I also had to normalize all of the sort terms to keep the files together. So now I have over 100 "songs" from NPR: Car Talk that I can play. Thanks

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2023 12:46 PM in response to brhutch

Ok further finagling has solved this problem. For some reason the old episodes were not being recognized as podcasts on my phone's podcast app so they were not grouped with the newer podcast downloads. To correct this I had to go in and edit all of the files from Podcast to Music. I also had to normalize all of the sort terms to keep the files together. So now I have over 100 "songs" from NPR: Car Talk that I can play. Thanks

Playing Old Car Talk episodes on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.