How do I restore notes that were permanently deleted

I accidentally deleted some notes on my iPhone but they don’t show up under recently deleted

iPhone SE (2nd generation)

Posted on Apr 15, 2023 10:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2023 6:35 PM

See the article Delete and recover notes on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Permanently remove deleted notes

You can immediately permanently remove notes you have deleted in the last 30 days on iCloud.com or on your devices that and are signed in with the same Apple ID.

1. In Notes on iCloud.com, select Recently Deleted in the folder list on the left.
  2. If you do not see Recently Deleted, you do not have any recently deleted notes.
  3. Select a note you want to permanently remove, then click  in the Notes toolbar.
  4. The selected note is removed immediately from all your devices.

Notes you leave in the Recently Deleted folder are automatically and permanently removed after 30 days.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2023 6:35 PM in response to rbechillsr

See the article Delete and recover notes on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Permanently remove deleted notes

You can immediately permanently remove notes you have deleted in the last 30 days on iCloud.com or on your devices that and are signed in with the same Apple ID.

1. In Notes on iCloud.com, select Recently Deleted in the folder list on the left.
  2. If you do not see Recently Deleted, you do not have any recently deleted notes.
  3. Select a note you want to permanently remove, then click  in the Notes toolbar.
  4. The selected note is removed immediately from all your devices.

Notes you leave in the Recently Deleted folder are automatically and permanently removed after 30 days.

Apr 15, 2023 6:38 PM in response to rbechillsr

rbechillsr Said:

"How do I restore notes that were permanently deleted: I accidentally deleted some notes on my iPhone but they don’t show up under recently deleted"

-------

Troubleshooting Deleted Notes:

A. Some Links:

B. iCloud Settings:

Look in iCloud settings in each device, and make sure that Notes is clicked. If it is, then unclick it, and then click it again. See if is then accible.

C. Hiding Notes:

Hiding notes is not an option of the iOS (nor the macOS, for that mater).

Jun 7, 2023 1:52 AM in response to tygb

I opened a new note to write on, and when I finished writing on it I discovered that my other notes had been deleted, so I don't know how to get them back. Among these notes are notes that are very important to me, like a story I'm writing, and when I'm done writing it, I'm going to post it as the first story I publish or something. Some codes I wrote and some passwords in notes so i don't forget them and others

Jun 7, 2023 3:39 AM in response to MarwaAlhouqani

There is a limit of creating notes and saving data in iCloud notes folder , however the exact figure can't be mentioned .

In your case if those notes are not saving and they are automatically deleting , your primary admin account is corrupted , create a new admin account and then configure notes application , check it for a day or two .

How do I restore notes that were permanently deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.