Can hackers use the messages I receive to confirm iPhone passcode to gain acces?

I repeatedly receive message to confirm IPhone passcode. Can hackers use this to gain access?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 15, 2023 10:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2023 10:45 AM

If you’re getting two-factor verification codes not related to something you are immediately doing, then that’s either somebody “playing games”, or your Apple ID password is known and you will want to change the Apple ID password.

if you’re not doing something to trigger two-factor verification, assume your Apple ID password is compromised and pick a new and robust password.

Here is a guide to help you with your privacy and safety: Personal Safety User Guide - Apple Support

That whole guide can be downloaded as a PDF for reading, as well. The PDF download link is at the bottom of the webpage.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2023 10:45 AM in response to 64_tship

If you’re getting two-factor verification codes not related to something you are immediately doing, then that’s either somebody “playing games”, or your Apple ID password is known and you will want to change the Apple ID password.

if you’re not doing something to trigger two-factor verification, assume your Apple ID password is compromised and pick a new and robust password.

Here is a guide to help you with your privacy and safety: Personal Safety User Guide - Apple Support

That whole guide can be downloaded as a PDF for reading, as well. The PDF download link is at the bottom of the webpage.

Can hackers use the messages I receive to confirm iPhone passcode to gain acces?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.