icloud for windows

I had iCloud for Windows on my PC. I uninstalled it. When I installed the APP again on my Windows 10 PC it did not download the iCloud Photos or iCloud drive folders not their content files. I can't resolve this. Any help would be appreciated.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 15, 2023 6:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2023 10:19 AM

Greetings august166,

If you are missing your Photos or iCloud drive folders, after setting up iCloud for Windows, start by confirming these ate the steps you took:

1. "If you don’t already have it, download iCloud for Windows from the Microsoft Store. See the Apple Support article Download iCloud for Windows.
  2. On your Windows computer, open iCloud for Windows.
  3. Sign in with your Apple ID.
  4. Make sure to sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.
  5. Select or deselect each feature, then click Apply." Set up iCloud for Windows on your PC

If so, and the issue continues, please contact Apple Support directly. They will be in the best position to help you: Get Support

We hope this helps!

Sincerely.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2023 10:19 AM in response to august166

Greetings august166,

If you are missing your Photos or iCloud drive folders, after setting up iCloud for Windows, start by confirming these ate the steps you took:

1. "If you don’t already have it, download iCloud for Windows from the Microsoft Store. See the Apple Support article Download iCloud for Windows.
  2. On your Windows computer, open iCloud for Windows.
  3. Sign in with your Apple ID.
  4. Make sure to sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.
  5. Select or deselect each feature, then click Apply." Set up iCloud for Windows on your PC

If so, and the issue continues, please contact Apple Support directly. They will be in the best position to help you: Get Support

We hope this helps!

Sincerely.

Apr 17, 2023 5:48 PM in response to SnickZ.

Thank you for your help. I feel a little foolish but what had happened was with the 2 messages on top of the icloud setting screen I couldn't see the "apply" button on the bottom. The biggest message was that my current version of Outlook was not supported by icloud. This had not happened before and I do not know how to fix it. Also, icloud did not create the same storage folders on my PC as before. The icloud folder on my file explorer only had "photo" file and a "shared" folder. Before there was a folder with an icon for "downloads" and "uploads" file. Did this change? Can you help me solve the Outlook problem?

icloud for windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.