My MacBook Pro 13 (2015) is panicking and boot-looping, help me please((

Hello, that's the panic log after out of boot loop

Earlier Mac models

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 1:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 1:47 AM

Is there anyway you can attempt to safely boot up in Safe Mode? In Safe Mode, your MacBook will only load the essential system files and drivers. This may be able to troubleshoot your boot looping.

Here's how to boot up in Safe Mode,

1. Shut down your MacBook by clicking on the Apple menu in the upper-left corner of the screen and selecting "Shut Down".
  2. Press the power button to turn on your MacBook.
  3. Immediately press and hold the "Shift" key as soon as you hear the startup sound. Keep holding the "Shift" key until you see the Apple logo and a progress bar on the screen. This may take a few minutes.
  4. Once your MacBook has finished booting up in Safe Mode, you will see "Safe Boot" in the upper-right corner of the login screen.
  5. Log in to your account and use your MacBook as you normally would.

When you're done with Safe Mode, simply restart your MacBook to exit it.

Let me know if this works,

Regards

Nanoman

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2023 1:47 AM in response to Ara_Sarat

Is there anyway you can attempt to safely boot up in Safe Mode? In Safe Mode, your MacBook will only load the essential system files and drivers. This may be able to troubleshoot your boot looping.

Here's how to boot up in Safe Mode,

1. Shut down your MacBook by clicking on the Apple menu in the upper-left corner of the screen and selecting "Shut Down".
  2. Press the power button to turn on your MacBook.
  3. Immediately press and hold the "Shift" key as soon as you hear the startup sound. Keep holding the "Shift" key until you see the Apple logo and a progress bar on the screen. This may take a few minutes.
  4. Once your MacBook has finished booting up in Safe Mode, you will see "Safe Boot" in the upper-right corner of the login screen.
  5. Log in to your account and use your MacBook as you normally would.

When you're done with Safe Mode, simply restart your MacBook to exit it.

Let me know if this works,

Regards

Nanoman

Apr 16, 2023 3:03 AM in response to Ara_Sarat

Problem: Computer is restarting

Q1 -   Kernel panics - This system has experienced kernel panics. This could be a sign of hardware failure.

Q2 -   Vintage hardware - This computer may be considered vintage.

Q3 -  MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

Q4 - disk0 - APPLE SSD SD0256F 251.00 GB (Solid State - TRIM: Yes) 

A1 - I am not an expert in Hardware but a computer from 2015 in 2023 - it has had a long and productive life. 

If in doubt  >>

1 - Have the computer evaluated by the Professionals who have the Special Hardware Software and Expertise to diagnose the issue and offer possible solutions

2 - Make an Appointment at the Apple Genius Bar and have them evaluate the computer

Q5 -   No Time Machine backup - Time Machine backup not found.

A5 - Right now, this indicates the era personal Data and Files are not important enough to protect. That, or they are confident that they can reproduce this files at a later time 

Time Machine Backup  is very useful and can safeguard your important personal Data and Files 

Q6 -  Apps crashing - There have been numerous app crashes.

A6 - This dovetails into the usage of a certain Application listed below 

Q7 - CleanMyMac X.app

A7-  Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS,  is an invitation for disaster. 

Certain Applications maybe available on the Apple Apps Store - this only means the Developer is prepared to pay Apple a portion on each sale. What the Application may do to the computer is up to the User to check this out before purchase

Any of the below should be removed as per Developers Instructions 

Disk Cleaner 

This will include CleanMyMac , aka “ BrickMyMac

Read some of the posting and arrive at your own conclusions.

Now were reach an important fork as to how to fix this situation 

Specific to CleanMyMac aka “ BrickMyMac

The steps in #1 below is predicated on the Offending  Application has been Removed as per the Developers Specific Instruction 

# 1 Some Contributors suggest restarting in Recovery Mode and choosing to Reinstall the Operating System over  the existing installation. 

This may or may not replace elements of the Entire Operating System including the Home Folder ( User Account )  and replace any corrupted or removed elements of the Operating System and make thing right.

# 2 - Then there are Other Contributors ( like myself ) would suggest  from this link Use Disk Utility to erase a Mac with Apple silicon.

For Intel computer >> Use Disk Utility to erase an Intel-based Mac followed by How to reinstall macOS

Thereafter to start from scratch and install all Required Application directly from the Apple Apps Store or Directly from the Developer.

If going this route - I suggest Not using Startup Assist to migrate things back as this will probably Re-Introduce the existing  issue that existed when the TM Backup was made 

Apr 16, 2023 2:23 AM in response to Ara_Sarat

Panics usually are caused by either Hardware Failures or Third Party Extensions installed of the computer.

Being as the user ( you ) have tried the Safe Mode and the machines appear to work better.

This tends to indicate the latter of the two above maybe the Root Cause of the Panics

To avoid a back and forth Question / Answer related to the computer

Download the Application Etrecheck directly from the Developer.

This is a Diagnostic Tool that makes no changes to the computer.

It makes a coherent and readable inventory of both the Hardware and Software used on the computer 

The application is free or paid from added features. 

The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. 

Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - >>>> using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last ) <<<<

My MacBook Pro 13 (2015) is panicking and boot-looping, help me please((

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.