Error while trying to synchronize Audio and MIDI. Sample rate conflict help

Hi an issue has suddenly come up with my project

my audio is messed up and I keep getting an error message that reads:

Error while trying to synchronize Audio and MIDI.

Sample Rate 35,935 recognized.

Check conflict between Logic Pro and external device.

only the number it recognises is different every time and I don't have any external devices plugged in at the moment, the problem even occurs when I unplug headphones.

intrestingly the audio keeps playing for a second after I press pause correctly. I assume that logic is getting an input signal at a lower sample rate than the 44k it wants and so is trying to play my project at that rate and getting confused, but from where that signal comes I know not.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 6:34 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 16, 2023 8:51 AM in response to yoyoBen

Idk how to double check my audio card, but logic is at 44k and I assume that my computer is the same and not at 30,468 or whatever logic is saying. Idk where it's getting that number from.

If it is my computer being overloaded, do u have any experience knowing how to unoverload it.

I've tried restarting everything, the project, logic then the computer. The problem won't go away. Other projects are fine it's just this one is corrupted somehow.

Apr 16, 2023 9:22 AM in response to MaynardVesely

If it is my computer being overloaded, do u have any experience knowing how to unoverload it.

What is the Performance Meter showing? If not available, you have to Customize Control Bar and Display... > Performance Meter

To reduce CPU load you can:

increase the I/O Buffer Size at the expense of Latency,

Freeze Tracks with cpu expensive plugins at the expense of HD I/O load,

To reduce the HD I/O load connect your HD with your computer without using hubs or similar, use a SSD...

Error while trying to synchronize Audio and MIDI. Sample rate conflict help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.